Whether you live in Sonoma, Healdsburg, or a surrounding city in Sonoma County, you know there is always plenty to do in the summer. If you are new to the area or still working on finding your dream home in the area, it’s never too early to start planning your perfect summer itinerary. That’s where Annadel Builders, Inc. has you covered. As premier fine home builders in Sonoma and surrounding areas, we take pride in the natural beauty of our community and all the culture it has to offer. From coastal getaways to winery cave tours, there is a never-ending list of summer activities to indulge in. We’ve made a quick guide for you to reference when making your plans this season.
Embrace Adventure in the Great Outdoors
Sonoma County boasts over a million acres for exploration, including a variety of landscapes ranging from mystic redwood forests to jagged coastal bluffs and beaches to relaxing rivers. Whether you are a nature lover by heart or want to enjoy a more active lifestyle this summer, there is plenty to do and see in Sonoma County. There are plenty of hiking trails, beach lounging spots, and other classic summertime fun to be had — but if you are looking for something a little more exciting, here are our top picks:
- You can take the whole family out for an exotic day of fun at Safari West, known as the Sonoma Serengeti. This beautiful 400-acre preserve in the heart of wine country boasts an open-air safari tour where visitors can see wild African animals such as herds of wildebeest, rhinos, giraffes, zebras, lemurs, and much more.
- For an active and exhilarating experience, consider flying through a canopy of redwood trees with Sonoma Zipline Adventures. They offer numerous zip lines, sky bridges, rappelling, and even rustic treehouses you can spend the night in.
- Want a more classy outdoor adventure? Consider hitting the coast for a horseback ride alongside stunning cliffs, beaches, sand dunes, and more in Bodega Bay with the popular Horse N Around Trail Rides or Chanslor Stables.
- Of course, not to be missed in the summertime of Sonoma County is a float (or kayak if you want some more speed and exploration) down the Russian River. You can always customize your own float based on your entry and exit point, but we recommend considering a start at Forestville’s Steelhead Beach with a finish at Sunset Beach, which can take a few hours along the meandering river. If you want to go a little further or park your car at Sunset Beach for a quick drive afterward, you can refuel with a delicious and refreshing meal and drink at nearby Stumptown Brewery in Guerneville.
Soak Up Relaxation in Style
While getting outside and actively exploring the region in the summer is fun, we also recommend planning plenty of relaxation and pampering time as well.
Consider checking out some of the following options for a refreshing summer pastime:
- Visit Francis Ford Coppola Winery for wine tasting and some lounging by either of two luxurious swimming pools (with a spacious tasting bar).
- Visit the Lavender Bee Farm in Petaluma for a relaxing stroll through the fragrant and blooming lavender fields stretching across two acres, or opt for some lavender views at Matanzas Creek Winery, where you can enjoy sipping your wine overlooking the beautiful gardens.
- Embrace your cultural side at the Seafood Art and Wine Festival in Bodega Bay, enjoy tasty treats at the Gravenstein Apple Fair, rock out at the Country Summer Music Festival, or hit up any of the summer concerts of the Rodney Strong Summer Concert Series.
- Hideout in a dark, cool, and luxurious wine cave, such as the one at Hamel Family Wines in Sonoma that uses natural earth walls to keep the temperatures low while the wine is flowing on a tasting tour.
The reality is, whether you enjoy having a more casual summertime experience or prefer getting outdoors and embracing all the natural beauty (or maybe a combination of both), there is so much to experience here in Sonoma County during these warmer months. We hope you have a wonderful time planning your summertime in Sonoma, Healdsburg and surrounding areas.