Buying a home is often one of the most important purchases you will make. At Annadel Builders, Inc., our hope is to partner with you to make your choice as satisfying as possible. With the amount of options available in beautiful Napa and Sonoma counties, it can be difficult to know whether buying or building a home is the best match for your needs. Check out the top eight reasons why we believe building your own home adds more value to your purchase.
- Create exactly what you want—The most obvious reason to build your own home is the freedom it gives you to tailor living conditions to your own specific needs and preferences. Always envisioned having a master bedroom with French doors and a window seat? Or a kitchen with extra countertop space and a walk-in pantry? Maybe special features such as heated floors or a second dishwasher? When designing your own home, there’s no reason why you should settle for anything less than the house you’ve always dreamed of.
- Get more for your money—The average self-built home costs 25% less than an equivalent home already on the market. Why pay more for a house that’s not designed to match your housing needs?
- Fewer repairs and less maintenance—Building your own home allows you to ensure that only the best materials and finest craftsmanship are used in its construction. Rather than deal with worn-out appliances and any design or material deficiencies you may discover down the road, start with an assurance of quality that will cost you less stress and money in the long run.
- Energy efficiency—New homes are designed with energy codes that include more efficient insulation and air filtration standards. This efficiency allows you to be environmentally conscious while also saving you money on your monthly utility bill.
- A new house may be better for your health—New homes are less likely to include some of the toxic materials, such as asbestos, lead paint, and mold, that are more commonly found in older homes. In addition, building a new home means a lower likelihood of carbon monoxide leaks from older gas fireplaces, furnaces, generators, or other appliances.
- Build a smart home—Building a home from scratch allows you to customize your home with automated internet, cable, speakers, and alarm system. Home automation provides a way for you to control items from the around the house, set up automatic locks and home security systems, and regulate the thermostat all using your smartphone. Take advantage of the technology available for homeowners to run their homes more efficiently and safely than ever before.
- No mortgage—How would you like to be mortgage free for the rest of your life? Instead of paying mortgage on a used home, invest your money by building a new home—one that contains personal value and the potential for a great financial return in the future.
- Boost local economy—Not only does building your own home make the most practical sense, it also allows you to support your community by hiring local builders and tradespeople. Make an impact on the businesses near you while meeting all your housing needs!