Looking to build a custom home in Northern California? You should search for your builder as carefully as you would shop for a premade home. Whether you’re looking to build a townhouse, dream home, or wine country estate, you want to ensure that you’re buying a high-quality sustainable home from a reputable builder. Here are some of our tips to help you wisely select a Northern California luxury home builder.
Do Your Research
- Make a list of potential builders – Once you’ve determined the type of custom home you want to construct, it’s time to create a list of potential builders. Contact your local home builders’ association, request recommendations from friends and acquaintances, and contact local real estate agents to begin building a list of builders who construct homes in your area. If soliciting recommendations, ask questions regarding their experience with their builder. Some questions to ask include: Are you happy with your home? Were there any problems during the process and if you had any problems, were they fixed quickly and properly? Would you buy another home from this builder?
- Ask questions – When you have your list of potential builders it’s time to start asking questions to determine if they’re the right fit for your project. Get information on the builder’s involvement through the different phases of the project (pre-construction, construction, building occupancy) and find out if they offer construction management services to ensure the project’s smooth success.
- View examples of recently completed projects – A talented custom home building team will be anxious to show you examples of completed projects! Request photos of previous jobs and testimonials from clients. If you can, do a drive by and see if the completed homes are in line with your design aesthetic and quality standards. Focus on finding a builder with a proven track record of completing developments of similar scale and detail to your project.
Search for Value & Quality
- Quality craftsmanship – Work to ensure the builder you choose aligns with your quality standards and preferences. At Annadel Builders, our passion is constructing finely built homes for clients with the highest standards and exacting tastes. Our team of craftsmen and project managers offer a wealth of experience and expertise. From material research and allocation through construction and building occupancy, we provide meticulous attention and oversight through each phase of the project life-cycle for unparalleled results.
- Environmentally conscientious – In your list of pre-requisites for a custom home builder, make sure to include environmentally conscientious. Choosing a builder who has a focus on sustainable home building honors the environment and ensures your home will be energy-efficient. As Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design AP credential holders, the Annadel team has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to leadership and innovation in the area of green building and design. Our team has a vested interest in the sustainability of our projects and are passionate about the proper management of natural resources!
The team of Sonoma County fine home builders at Annadel Builders, Inc. has years of experience in both commercial and residential building. We believe that it is our duty to ensure stewardship of our clients’ resources well. As diligent and dedicated professionals, you can rely on our team to see your project through from start to finish. We work hard to establish lasting relationships with our clients that remain long after projects have been completed.