Get your holiday spirit on with Annadel Builders 2019 Holiday Guide to local events! In this edition of our annual holiday guide, we’re focusing on wine-centric events that help you enjoy everything that makes our community unique. Wine Country is home to some of the best wine events in the world, especially during the holidays. Enjoy some of our unique local flavor this season by exploring a wine event near you!
- Beaujolais Nouveau Celebration, Larkspur – Celebrate Beaujolais Louveau, the “first wine” of the harvest, with Left Bank Brasserie on Thursday, November 21. Traditionally celebrated on the third Thursday of every November, Beaujolais Nouveau features a Gamay wine, similar to Pinot Noir in body, with a fresh, fruity flavor that compliments autumn dishes. The restaurant will be serving Domaine Dupeuble and hosting a tasting flight of four Beaujolais wines from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., followed by a live music performance from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- French Wine Class, Santa Rosa – Take a journey in French wine tasting with certified sommelier Rosie Kasper-Bennett. French wine has been a leader in the winemaking world in diversity and quality of grape varieties. Integral to the tradition and culture of France, the country’s winemaking has been developed with devotion and produced some of the finest wines in the world. Enjoy sparkling wines, dry whites and reds, sweet wines, and more while learning the history beyond every label. Hosted and catered by Mary’s Pizza, this class is hosted on November 21 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Book a spot while they last!
- Music and Holiday Open House at Hudson Street Wineries, Healdsburg – Enjoy local music and excellent wine at Hudson Street Winery’s annual Holiday Open House on Friday, November 29 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The event features performances from classical pianist David Glass and local Bluegrass artist Floyd Latimer. Food will be catered by Robert Montes of SoCo PAELLA!, and all wines will feature a special holiday discount.
- Napa Valley Cooking School: Seasonal Pies with Tom Chiapetta, Napa Valley – Expand your holiday baking repertoire this November 23 with beloved Napa Valley Chef Toni Chiapetta. Founder and owner of Napa’s pastry kitchen “Sweetie Pies,” Chiapetta is legendary for her time-tested baking proficiency. Just in time for the holidays, don’t miss out on this fun opportunity to learn baking secrets from the best!
- West Wines Scandinavian Christmas, Healdsburg – Celebrate a Scandinavian Christmas this holiday season at the West Wines Tasting Room in Healdsburg from November 29 through December 1. Enjoy traditional holiday beverages such as hot mulled wine spiced with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and raisins, while enjoying enchanting Swedish-themed Christmas decorations and a wide selection of Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve.
- Gundlach Bundschu DIIV Concert, Sonoma – Catch the live performance of DIIV’s newly released album Deceiver on December 13 at 7:00 pm. Hosted at the Historic Redwood Barn in Sonoma, the performance will include a wide selection of wines available for purchase by glass or bottle. Doors open at 6:00 p.m., and tickets are now on sale.
However you prefer to celebrate the holidays, there’s something for everyone in Northern California’s Wine Country. We hope this list helps you keep your calendars packed with hometown fun! From our family of Sonoma fine builders to you: Happy Holidays.