Maybe you’ve decided it’s time for a round of home renovations. Unfortunately, whether your goal is personal enjoyment or long-term resale value, not all home renovations provide the same level of bang for your buck. The experience we’ve had as Napa County home builders for Annadel Builders Inc. allows us to provide helpful, area-specific estimations when it comes to remodeling for home value.
Our builders understand home value in Sonoma, Napa, Marin, and surrounding areas. We know what you’re looking for is the type of quality and excellence that maintains value by standing the test of time. Because of this, we can provide feedback to help you ensure targeted renovations that will reward your investments with quality and value. Whether you’re looking to sell your Northern California home in the future or merely looking for the best way to maximize the value of your home for your own enjoyment and investment purposes, here are a list of remodels that, in our experience, tend to do the most for Northern California home improvement and increased value.
- Garage door installation – This one is surprising! Although garage door installation may not be the first concept to come to mind when you think of exciting renovations, nevertheless, installing a garage door provides one of the highest returns on remodeling that you can get. As one of the first things a viewer sees, garage doors essentially pay for themselves by setting an aesthetic tone and quality standard that improve the overall retail value of a home.
- Updated kitchen – One of the most valued parts of a home, the kitchen is definitely an area that will either significantly contribute to or detract from a home’s net value. If improving the value of your home is a priority, consider seriously investing in quality plumbing fixtures, cabinets, appliances, and countertops.
- Increased living room space – Like the kitchen, the living room is the area where most of a home’s, well, “living” occurs! A comfortable, attractive, and versatile living room does the more to contribute to a home’s overall atmosphere of enjoyment and luxury than any other room in the house. As such, it’s worth investing in a little more living room space if you feel it will add to its comfort and functionality.
- Curb appeal – It’s hard to overrate the value of curb appeal. The first of all first impressions, the area in front of your home sets the tone for quality and style. Improvements to it include a grand entry doorway, stone veneer exterior, landscaping, and new paint. Fit into the Wine Country living lifestyle with carefully chosen aesthetics that bring out the glamour of your Sonoma home.
- Bathrooms – Often one of the first areas people think of when considering renovations, bathrooms play a huge role in home quality. Both as a host and from a personal standpoint, having clean, well-maintained bathrooms contributes a lot to a more pleasant home atmosphere. To ensure the greatest value for your bathrooms, make sure that there is no mold growing around old bathroom fixtures or rust surrounding any of the facets. Examine and consider installing fresh cabinets, new shower curtains and linens, and replacing old floor tiles. Make sure to prioritize and then match function with style.
- Wood deck addition and repairs – A deck provides the perfect location for outdoor entertainment and party hosting. From fire pits to lawn chairs to in-built seating, decks provide versatility and value to any home. Considering how often most decks are used, repairs and renovations are well worth the investment—their added value is sure to pay for itself.
Whether you’re just considering a little home improvement project or in the middle of serious deliberations regarding your renovation, contact Annadel Builders, Inc. to discuss the best way to increase your home’s value and your quality of life with a new home project.